Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday was great

Well another day drawing to a close. Today I had my second favourite breakfast for lunch and big bowl of oatmeal with fruit, Cinnamon and yogurt again it's just great to make what I love and not have to please the masses. Lets see what next week brings but when i am in the groove nothing will stop me. Those Christmas parties are only 3 months away. Boot camp was great tonight, because very few people came out, I got to do the workout also. Lots of squats, lunges push ups and med ball work. I love it. Dinner was superb. I make a Fabulous Thai salad.
-Julienne 1/4 red and yellow pepper, 2 carrots, 1/4 small red onion, 2 green onions, 1 mango not quite ripe, 1tbsp. fresh ginger,
-Roast or BBQ 1 small totally cleaned pork tenderloin let cool after cooking slice in half and slice thinly on a diagonal. Use chicken or firm tofu as an alternative
-In a separate bowl place 1/2 a package of Thai rice noodles cover with boiling water and let soak for 7 minutes drain and rinse under cold water.
-Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
-Dressing
3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 3 tbsp olive oil, crushed chillies to taste 1 tbsp lite peanut butter, fresh ground black pepper, mix together until smooth
Toss in the dressing cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Great for several days. I am seriously dreaming of eating the remainder for lunch tomorrow, but of course only after my workout, I think it's Gravity for me tomorrow.
Off to sleep also a big part of healthy living.
Joan

No comments: